Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My brother tn210 printer will not print or light colors

Customer Question

my brother tn210 printer will not print white or light colors
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The printer can never print white, there is no white ink, only the absence of printing on white paper produces white areas.

What is the full model number of the printer, and can you describe the issue a bit further for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to print on a dark blue card stock
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay that is the problem.

As I mentioned, there is no such thing as white ink for these machines.

It produces white areas in an image by not putting any toner in those spots, and assumes the use of white paper for a white background.
All of the toners are dark pigment type colors, meant for use on a white background. Using colored papers, especially a dark paper, will produce dark or off colors. There is no light ink, just as there is no white ink.

You may want to consider printing your project on white paper, then cutting/trimming and laying that on top of the blue card stock as a background.

Otherwise, for what you are wanting to do, your machine simply is not appropriate (and really no consumer grade machine is). You'd be looking at having to do screen printing or another type of transfer process for that.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,