Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Samsung 1860 smells like something is burning. I bought

Customer Question

My Samsung 1860 smells like something is burning. I bought this printer about two months ago after the printer I had (same model) started to smoke. What is wrong with this printer? Can this be fixed? Should I stop using this printer and buy something else?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does it still turn on? How old is it? Did you get an extended warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turns on and moans when it prints. I just bought this printer in early summer. I do not have an extended warrantee.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

What you described sounds like a burn out capacitor or something similar. Since it is less than a year old it should be covered under warranty. Do not keep using it, the smell comes from something exploding usually a capacitor. Call this number to get it covered under warranty 1(###) ###-####If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.