Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My Ipad isnt finding my HP Envy 5660 printer to let me print

Customer Question

where do I type?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was this printer working with your iPad previously? Or is this a new iPad or new printer?

What's the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have windows and/or mac computers?

Is the desktop printing via USB cable connection to the printer? Or via wireless connection to the printer?

Was this printer working previously to your laptop (or desktop) via wireless connection?

Was there any change recently to your printer, or your internet modem/router device, or your iPad, or your laptop, etc. that may have caused this issue?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following fix:

Solution 1:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from from your internet / wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect.

2. On the iPad, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check printing.

3. If it does not work on the iPad, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check printing.

Solution 2:

- Please do the following on the printer:

1. Power on the printer.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon. The Wireless Summary screen displays.
    http://support.hp.com/doc-images/199/c04337960.gif

3. Touch the Settings icon (gear / wheel icon), and then touch Wireless Settings.
    http://support.hp.com/doc-images/326/c04337961.gif

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions there to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi/ wireless network name.
    - Make sure that both the printer and the iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi/wireless network name.

5. Then check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.