John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Epson XP 400. Can print okay but will not allow scan

Customer Question

Epson XP 400. Can print okay but will not allow scan connection. Connected via Wi-Fi.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working previously? Or is this a new computer or new printer, etc.?
Is there any error or message when scanning?
What exactly have you tried?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is working with another device. Using Windows 10. keep getting response unable to connect to scan. This is for a new device.
A laptop with Wi-Fi connection in house.
What did you try on the computer?
Can I connect remotely to your computer so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prefer to solve this another way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just give me some possible solutions
I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and scanning can be a complicated issue. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue.
What did you try, such as downloading / install the latest printer / scanner driver, etc.? Is there any error or message?
Please let me know, so I won't repeat what you've done already. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is going to be more difficult than I thought. Thanks for being in touch. Let's call it off with you keeping the $5.00 deposit.
Maybe another time to consider this or another problem. Regards
I'm sorry, I can certainly cancel all your deposit. Remote support would be quick and very easy for you if you'd like to in the future. Please come back any time as you wish. We guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
You're welcome. Thank you.