Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

My MP620 suffered a paper jam. I had great difficulty

Customer Question

My MP620 suffered a paper jam. I had great difficulty pulling the crumbled paper out of the mechanism. Afterwards I hear somewhat jerky sound in the paper feed and my Power Point Drawings have have square jumps in the vertical axis along all horizontal lines. Text printing seems unaffected Can this problem be remedied; an if so, how?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It is possible that removing the paper jam has affected something. However, since it hasn't stopped paper from loading through completely, you may not have to do much to correct the problem. What I would suggest doing first is taking a piece of card stock or something similar to card stock like a magazine cover and with the printer unplugged force it through the paper path in the normal direction of the paper only. Do not feed it in the opposite direction. Then turn the printer over and give it a little shake in case there was some paper inside and then try printing again and let me know your result. Hopefully this procedure will clear out anything that's inside the printer and it does work the majority of the time as silly as it sounds. Let me know how you make out we can go from there.