Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I just changed the print cartridges and now the printer says

Customer Question

I just changed the print cartridges and now the printer says I have a paper jam. I have checked all the places (feed, ADF) and cannot find any paper. A similar problem caused me to get rid of my previous printer. I do not want to have the same problem again.
The printer is a WF2520.
Please call me at(###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the exact message/code it is giving you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PAPER OUT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan, where are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not getting any response from Nathan. I need someone to help me.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please reply only once, and give me an opportunity to respond.

It takes several minutes for messages to go back and forth.

When you send multiple replies like this, you are pushed down the queue each time and it takes even longer, so your patience is appreciated.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not getting any response from anyone. I want to cancel the "Free Trial". Do NOT charge my credit card for this waste of time and effort.
Bette Tokar
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I have replied to you already. Just as it took you awhile to reply to my original message, it takes awhile for me to get your requests as well.

If you need an instantaneous response, a phone call would be a better method of communication for you.