Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

We lost electricity and now my printer won't turn on

Customer Question

we lost electricity and now my printer won't turn on
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

As you have not mentioned anything about trying to solve this problem already, I guess that you have not tried anything. So, I will request you hard reset the printer following the steps below and let me know the result. If these steps do not solve the problem then, try to connect the printer with another wall outlet or directly to a wall outlet, if it is connected in a surge protector . If that fails then, the power unit of the printer seems to be damaged and you have to replace it to solve the problem. Unfortunately it is not possible to replace the power unit at home, with any proper experience or training. If you still want to replace it at home then, reply me back and I will try to help you as much as possible.

Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Remove all the cords or cables from the printer.

Wait for 10 mins.

Reconnect only the power cord.

Try to power on the printer.