Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Xerox 415 will not power on Pluged in switch on no display

Customer Question

Xerox 415 will not power on
Pluged in switch on no display
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Volt meter reads power after switch. So wall power, cord, switch good. But I don't see how to get to power supply and fuses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I have no control over the subscription or phone call ads or I would turn them off. I do not do phone calls, so if you want to work with me do not accept the phone call offer. If you are ok with the fact someone else will most likely do the call then accept it if you wish but note it could take a while. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How old is the machine? If over a year old, did you get an extended warranty? Was there recently a power outage or anything similar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unit is a few years old I don't know it's history, but no warrenty. It's in a office peaple have changed. No one knows.
It worked good last week but Sunday morning nothing no display. So I started checking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power outage. No storm.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Can you please plug into a different outlet and hold the power button down hard. Please do this regardless of if the outlet works with other devices or not. A different room is best even if you use an extension cord to test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a mechanical rocker switch holding will have no effect.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Some models have a button some have a switch, since you have a switch you can skip that and just do the rest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's now plugged in to a different outlet. No change
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Does it show any sign of power at all, a flashing light etc? How did you check the power cable when you used the voltmeter? This machine uses a power supply board so there should be no fuse. You would need to remove the board and check the capacitors with a meter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went from output of switch to chassis ground. 123v
Then output of switch to nuterial leg 123v
Wires then go off to power supply. ( thru hole in case into another section in case) but I can't figure out how to open that section to get to power supply.
No lights any where are on. Should be green led on side but it does not come on. Does this unit have fuses? Where?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I already mentioned in my last reply it used a power supply board and not fuses. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cancel my bill and I'll move on. Thanks for trying.