Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

How to fix error codes E0748-4150 and E748-4875 on Canon

Customer Question

How to fix error codes E0748-4150 and E748-4875 on Canon Color Image runner C3380i
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** can help you with this question.

I'm familiar with this type of issues on the Canon ImageRunner C3380i and very often the SRAM PCB Memory could be defective.

- Do you know where the memory PCB is located on this unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed and cleaned the PCB unit and replaced it. the copier started up and worked briefly. I printed an outlook daily report. I turned unit off temporarily to close copier up. I tried to restart and it asked me to shutdown and turn main switch off. I did so and it gave a new error message E000350-0000 I tried several more times with the same result.

Thank you for the additional information.

This error is the result of the mismatch in the serial number between the machine and the PCB. I'm going to have to check the service manual though, to see if it can be set on this machine - sometimes you just have to go into service mode and set the serial number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the E000350 code? How can the serial numbers not match? it is the original PCB that came with the machine. Please check the manual and advise. How do I rate your service when I don't have an answer on how to address the error code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appeared that I had to rate your service before my last correspondence. that may have not been the case. I look forward to your answer.

I thought you said that you changed the PCB. Is that not the case?

If you did not replace the PCB, then you may need to. When the PCB is replaced, this error comes up indicating that there is a serial number mismatch. But it can also be caused by the PCB not being connected correctly. Check the connections on the PCB.