MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

The blade on my Brother QL-700 got stuck with the label

Customer Question

The blade on my Brother QL-700 got stuck with the label glue. I opened it and cleaned the knife. After I have put it together again, it doesn't want to print.
It starts printing the first line and then stops. It is as if the sensor is not working properly.
Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Brother label maker?

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi . Have you worked on a Brother QL-700 label printer before? I have opened it to clean the cutting blade. After i have reassembled it the cutter worked perfectly but the printer omly print the first line of the frame of the label and then gives a error. Is there a certain way the gears must be set ( timing ) ? Thanks

Hi yes I used to repair them in bulk.

And yes there is timing involved.

It is extremely important that the gears connected internally are timed as that controls all operations. It sounds as if you may have removed one and mis aligned it, or possible it stripped one or jumped a tooth or even a few.

Did you hear any abnormal clicking after you reassembled the unit?

Or did you not touch any of the gearing?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I havent taken the gear units apart. I worked out that the gear for the cutter must be on a certain position ( with the microswitch pressed in when you put the unit back into the printer casing.. Isn't there a certain way the gears for the roller must be standing when you put the unit back in the casing? You don't perhaps have a picture of the sensor in the unit? I want to make sure i have put it back correctly?

Hi thats great!

Yes the cutter needs to be to the left depending on how your looking at it.

Other wise it can damage the gears that operate that part.

Unfortunately I cant tell if the other gears have moved. Its not likely the gears slipped out of position since you didn't hear any strange clicking sounds.

So its now trial and error, but you should get it in one or two tries. try it to the left, and then to the right if that doesn't work. Also, some had a make inside to align the cutter blade. Look also for that.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael