Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Cant get the scan facility to work om my canon pixma mg400

Customer Question

cant get the scan facility to work om my canon pixma mg400 printer keeps saying cnat find scanner - the print and copy function works ok -using win7 64 bit
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please confirm the Canon Pixma printer model?
Was it working fine?
Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry it is a mg2440 connected with USB cable It is new and just installed but the print and copy elements work ok OS is win7 64bit
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d6a09dc1-13e7-4445-8c59-8261eeba7b41
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I'm sorry, I'm out of suggestions, so let me open the issue to other experts. Thank you.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Please do not rate until we are finished, before we start can you tell me what Viet did during the remote session? That way we do not repeat anything. If you are not sure that is ok just let me know you are not sure what he did.