Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My printer (Brother Laser HL-2280DW) will print from

Customer Question

My printer (Brother Laser HL-2280DW) will print from documents I have saved but will not print documents I am trying to print from the internet.
What's wrong? (This is only within the last few months. Previously I could print anything).
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone call service at this time.

I think you are trying to print from the internet, using Internet Explorer to bring up the web page, then printing from it?

If so, then that's a common cause for the problem you are asking about. Internet Explorer has a somewhat poor reputation with me, as a source of problems.

You could try using a different browser program - Mozilla Firefox is good, Safari is a good choice for Apple computers too, etc. If you would like to try that, please let me know in Reply To Expert, and I will give you instructions.

You could try a Reset of your browsers settings, or try disabling Add-Ons, and see if that restores Internet Explorer's ability to print. Also you could try running Windows Update, and see if, once updates are all applied and your computer has also restarted (warning: this may take up some time) whether that makes Internet Explorer print OK.

Also... pay attention: are you sending the print jobs, from Internet Explorer, to the right choice of printers? sometimes a 'printer does not work' interprets as 'print jobs sent to a former printer or a dead printer'.