Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

My Epson xp 610 printer still keeps coming with the paper

Customer Question

my Epson xp 610 printer still keeps coming with the paper jam error. I would rather talk to a technition over the phone, my # *****(###) ###-####because I'm a one finger typer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If you're having a jam that keeps repeating, then you may actually have a very small piece of paper somewhere in the path of the paper. Whether it's really blocking the paper or if it's just blocking a sensor, doesn't matter it will still cause problems when you try to print. To solve that what I would suggest is taking a piece of card stock or something of similar thickness and pushing it through the paper path of the printer while the printer is off. Then,still with the printer unplugged and the paper removed, turn the printer over and give it a little shake. This will get rid of anything that was stuck in the paper path that you've dislodged or anything that may have ended up in the printer at some point. Believe it or not this helps about 50% of the time. Please give it a try and let me know how you make out. If you still need help we can move from there.