Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

Printer WP-4530 Two days ago the printer copied a color page

Customer Question

Printer WP-4530 Two days ago the printer copied a color page without any problem. The colors were good. Today whether from the computer or from making a photo-copy (B&W or color) no printing of any kind occurred. I put in new cartridges, but still no printing. It sounded like it was printing, but the page came out blank with no traces of ink. What do I need to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the printer.
3) Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
4) Use cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the contacts on each cartridges .
5) Then allow the cartridges to dry(important).
6) Then replace back everything.
7) Then turn off your printer for a minute or two and then restart.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Please use the Reply to Expert feature to reply. Please dont rate the answer until your problem is solved.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work either as a copy or a print command from the computer. I'm assuming the contacts you are referring to are the gold contacts on a green background. Not the ink portal.

Let's try manually cleaning the printhead.

Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Please don't rate this answer until your problem is solved. If this answer doesn't works then reply using the Reply to expert feature.

Regards,

Keep me posted.

Please let me know if you face any difficulty.