Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I HAVE A LEXMARK 8300 SERIES ALL IN ONE PRINTER. I UP GRADED

Customer Question

I HAVE A LEXMARK 8300 SERIES ALL IN ONE PRINTER. I UP GRADED TO A WINDOWS 10NOW I CANNOT PRINT OR FAX I NO LONGER HAVE THE START DISK TO UNINSTALL AND TO INSTALL THE PRINTER AGAIN DO I NEED ANOTHER DISK TO DO THIS? I TRYDIFFRENT WAYS BUT,I STILL CANNOT PRINT.BEFORE I UPGRADED I HAD NO PROBLEMS I NEED HELP PLEASE HELP ME
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
May I ask for the full model name? Is it the 8300, the 8350, or another model? I ask this because each model in the 8300 series may have a unique set of drivers required.
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT IS A 8300 SERIES

Thank you for the update. The 8300 series can be a few different models. So, on the printer, the model shown is 8300 or is it a different 83** number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT JUST SAYS 8300 SERIES

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

If you are running the 64 bit version of Windows 10, download the file found on the following page: http://support.lexmark.com/index?docLocale=en_US&page=content&segType=recommendedSegmentOS&id=DR10811&locale=EN&userlocale=EN

If you are running the 32 bit version of Windows 10, download the file found on the following page: http://support.lexmark.com/index?docLocale=en_US&page=content&segType=recommendedSegmentOS&id=DR6296&locale=EN&userlocale=EN

There are no Windows 10 drivers, you but you can use the Vista version of the drivers, which are the ones found in the aforementioned links.

After you download the file, you must do the following:

- Right click the file on your computer and choose "Properties"

- Click the "Compatibility" tab

- Put a check in the top check box.

- In the top pull down menu, choose Windows Vista.

- Click Ok.

Now you can double click the same file and follow the on-screen instructions to install.

Once all of this is complete, you will be all set and everything should work.

If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.

Thank you for your time today.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FORGET IT I DO NOT KNOW WHICH ONE I HAVE A 64 OE A 32 CAN I GET A DISK TO UNISTALL AND THEN INSTALL

You cannot get a 'disk' as those are not for sale anymore. It is okay that you don't know which version you have. First try using the 64 bit version. If the 64 bit version doesn't work, then use the 32 bit version.