Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a canon printer mx850. It has never given me trouble

Customer Question

I have a canon printer mx850. It has never given me trouble until today!
Was making a copy using upper feeder, as paper was feeding it began to make a
crumpling sound, I pulled the paper - intact - from out of the upper tray
There is no jammed paper in the machine
alarm sounded to remove jammed paper and press OK
However
alarm continues to sound as display states paper is jammed, ect
After several attempts to reset, change feeder switch (it won't) nothing seems to work.
Also, ink cartridges do not light up as usual, nor does the cartridge mechanism slide
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

In order to give you the best advise on this matter I need to know a bit more about the situation:

- Are you getting any type of error numbers / messages on the printer's screen?

- Did you know that downloading and installing a Firmware Update to your printer it could get rid of MANY issues within the unit....so here is the link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx850#DriversAndSoftware

If for some reason you can't get the printer to take the FIRMWARE UPDATE (which is recommended to do at anytime) the follow the each one of the following steps one at a time:

- Open the main cover, so that you can see the tanks (no need to unplug the printer)

- push the tanks to the left

- on the right you will see a white plastic plate (see photo attached), push it backwards as far as it goes (underneath the plate you will see the waste collecting sponge (black), if you see them, you pushed the right piece..

- start it up and let me know if it works......if it doesn't let me know to give further advise.