Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

My Canon pixma Mg8120 shows error code 6000. Repeatedly

Customer Question

My Canon pixma Mg8120 shows error code 6000. Repeatedly turning it on and off and re-installing drivers has not fixed the problem.How should I address this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Error code 6000 is a line feed error. It indicates an error in LF encoder signal. It is caused due to smearing or scratches on the LF / EJ slit film.

LF / EJ slit film and the LF / EJ timing sensor unit needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.

If your unit is under warranty then I will suggest you to immediately contact Canon and tell them that your printer is showing error 6000. There is high chance that you will get your printer replaced free of cost. Canon offers a one year warranty on the MX-922, and lifetime telephone support.

Would you like to close this question at this time? I don't want to delay you unnecessarily. Again, if there's anything you would like discussed in more detail, and not necessarily only related to this question, let me know and I'll do my best.

Please rate this answer positively by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click submit > then Yes.

I'm sorry its MG8120 not MX-922. It was a typo.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since my printer is out of warrantee I need to buy a new printer?

I'm sorry to say but yes you've to buy a new printer because repairing cost will exceed the cost of a replacement unit.