Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I am running OS X Yosemite and cannot scan with myt MG6320.

Customer Question

I am running OS X Yosemite and cannot scan with myt MG6320. Printer works from PC and cpier works direct from machine. When I try to scan, which I have done for the last 2 years with my previous operating system I get the following message:
Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons;'
scanner is turned off
usb cable is disconnected
printer is in use or an error has occurred
please check and try again.
scanner driver will be closed.
How do I fix this
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The reason you are seeing this message when you try to scan from your computer is that it is expecting to see a USB connected scanner. With most devices including this one, you cannot initiate a scan from a computer on the network to a networked printer. Make certain that you have the latest version of software for the printer under Yosemite. There are some limitations with scanning under the Mac operating systems that have come about because of the lack of scanning support in some of the drivers.there is some third-party software that is available to bridge this gap – it is called twain sane. You can download the software at the following page

http://bitli.es/MavWCD