Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

My canon mg3220 is great but it stopped working suddenly

Customer Question

My canon mg3220 is great but it stopped working suddenly will not connect to my dell Inspiron 17 ,dell inspiron15, or my iPad .What could be wrong? Will not connect with usb either. Can print wired could the wifi be out on printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer...my name is***** can help you with your question.

It could be a combination of issues as you're having problems on wireless and USB connections, so follow these steps:

01- The first thing to do is to check Canon's Website for the latest FIRMWARE version for your Printer and choose the right steps....here is the address:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg3220#DriversAndSoftware

02- Regardless if you found any FIRMWARE UPDATES or not, Unplug your Router from power for about 5 minutes and re-re-plug it back to the power source and wait for the lights to come back on...

03- then Regardless if there was FIRMWARE UPDATE or not, make sure you look into the options menu within the printer and RESET the printer back to default factory settings.....this will get rid of any problems that somehow got attached to the printer.

04- Try the printer wireless with ALL your devices and let me know if I can be of further help.