MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a Lexmark pro800 series printer and am currently

Customer Question

Hello
I have a Lexmark pro800 series printer and am currently using windows 8.1..My printer worked fine yesterday afternoon as I printed a couple of maps. Last evening I wanted to print another map and now the computer is tellingme that the printer is not communicating with the computer. I followed the instructions to unplug the usb port in the back of the printer and the port going into the computer but to no avail. I had just changed my black ink prior to the very first printing so I checked the cartridges and they are all in place. I went into settings last night and under devices there were approx. 5 printers to choose from. I hit the Lexmark and the change and it disappeared from the screen and I am unable to get it back under add device.. I know some things here but not enough to get me out of trouble when I go hitting on whatever.
Can you help ?? I am at a lost here
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your printer?

Also please try this for me:

Shut down your computer and unplug your printer from the wall outlet and the USB port on your computer. then wait 5 full minutes.

Next, plug your printer into the USB port, then plug your printer back into the power outlet. The turn on the printer, next the computer when its all up and running see if the printer will connect to the computer. If that worked great then please rate kindly, but if not, don't rate yet, but simply reply to me, please do this in the order I recommended.

I will be back again tomorrow if you need me please respond or rate kindly and I will see that in the morning;-)

Have a great evening.

Thank you

Tech Michael