Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Brother MFC9330CDW I haven't been able to receive

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC9330CDW
I haven't been able to receive faxes for a while. It was purchased Oct 2014.
I can hear the fax tone and the screen says that it is receiving, but nothing prints.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It may be receiving into memory. The most common cause (but not invariably the cause) is inability to print out the received fax. Test that ability to print out, by running a photocopy of a one page original.

Then, it may be (even if the photocopy comes out OK) that the Receive Mode is set to Memory Receive or similarly.

And lastly, it might be that the Receive mode is set properly, but that it isn't working.

Please tell me whether there are any other devices on the same phone line as the Brother machine's fax line, and if so, what devices ?