Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Canon all in one printer has a error has occurred unplug

Customer Question

My Canon all in one printer has a error has occurred unplug and get service help. What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The error will have a code which may be in a box around it like 6A00 or B200 what is that code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you missed my reply so here it is again please make sure to reply on this page:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B200
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my code? B200
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** that might have been what you were seeing.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the ink cartridges, cleaned with a q-tip, problem still exist. Code B200
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Darn, ok next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that: Click Here

You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.

After that if the same thing happens we can rule out the print head. This error only occurs due to the print head or the logic board.

Unfortunately since we would have ruled out the print head it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. This part can be expensive so I would call around for a price. Normally it costs between $75 and $100 for the part alone when not under warranty.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your Canon or this site.