Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My 3880 insists that the paper is not loaded correctly. I

Customer Question

My 3880 insists that the paper is not loaded correctly. I have turned it off and on, disconnected and reconnected, uninstalled and reinstalled it, but nothing changes the message yet the machine pushes the paper through after it says it is not loaded correctly.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This can happen if a tiny fragment of paper is stuck inside the printer.

Try feeding a sheet of heavy paper or card through the printer to help clear any jams.

Let me know if that helps..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to say this but I already tried that. I even changed a low ink cartridge hoping that would help.
Any other ideas?

If that did not help, then the paper jam sensor may be faulty and the printer will require a service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I am far from a service center and I am printing for an exhibit, is there any other intervention I can possibly do to fix the problem? The printer had been working beautifully and then during a print it started making a funny noise and the print has stripes almost as if the printer head was cutting across the paper. I stopped it about halfway through and after that it stopped working but the paper will go through the rollers when the down button is pressed and it will go through the front feed process but it won't print in either front or rear mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, when I tried the standard pushing the paper through method to clear it, a tiny piece did come out but that didn't change the message nor the operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It fools me every time because it seems as if it is going to print and then after the paper has been pulled through the head and just as it is about to actually strike the paper it stops.

As it is likely that an electro-mechanical part has failed, special tools will be required to open the printer and spare parts will also be required to fit as replacements after diagnostic testing confirms which part has failed.

What tools and testing equipment do you have available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None! So I guess I will have to take it in. Do you know of a service center in the area of Springfield, Illinois?

To find your nearest service center, call(###) ###-####[ press 1 then 2 ]