Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a Pixma Mx712, I just spent money putting in new

Customer Question

I have a Pixma Mx712, I just spent money putting in new color and black ink cartridges. When I turn it on, I get an orange light that comes on and the printer has a message that says, "Unplug printer and call for service". What should I do? I live in a rural area, and I just spent money for cartridges and I do not have anymore extra money. I am just starting a small school and I start tomorrow. I REALLY need my copier. Do you any magical help? If not, do you know of somewhere in the Springfield, Missouri area who could fix it for a reasonable price? Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The error should have a number or code it may be in a box around the error. What is that code?