Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a dell 2155cn printer. I recently bought a new laptop

Customer Question

Hi I have a dell 2155cn printer. I recently bought a new laptop (Macair) and I downloaded the driver for the Mac. But when I send a print job, I get a "memory full" error message. However, when I send a job from my PC, it prints fine. They are both connected wirelessly. I tried both restarting the printer as well as the mac. Same results.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you should check as to whether the print job is still in the printer's queue (not fully sent that is) on the Mac Air, before coming to any conclusions as to what is wrong.

And, you should check in the printer driver's advanced settings as well as basic settings (on the Mac Air) as to whether print jobs are being 'buffered' or not... if not, set them to buffered, clear all old print jobs out of the queue, turn the printer Off for a minute or two, then On again, wait another minute or two, then try printing again from the Mac Air.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. There is nothing in the print queue.Can you provide more information on how to access the advanced setting and basic settings on the driver? I googled it but couldn't find any relevant results.
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi different expert here.

Are you sure you are using the correct printer driver for the operating system you currently are running? That would cause this error as well as a couple of other things.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Do you know where the driver settings, for the printer, are, on your Apple Air ?

The advanced settings should be there to, but 'behind' a button or pulldown/choice control.