Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

CLX385FW PRINTER-JUST PURCHASED AND INSTALLED NEW ORIGINAL

Customer Question

CLX385FW PRINTER-JUST PURCHASED AND INSTALLED NEW ORIGINAL CLT-K407S CARTRIDGE.
PRINTER GIVES MESSAGE: NOT COMPATIBLE BLACK TONER. HOW DO I FIX?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
printer is CLX3185FW
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it a genuine toner cartridge and not compatible or refilled? If you are not sure where did you buy it? How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Freddy, It is a new genuine cartridge. I do not use refilled or compatibles. It is in a Samsung box, and Samsung is
engraved on it. I brought it from Cartridge Cave in Randfontein. Gauteng.The printer is about 3 years old. I do not print all that much. Just a small business from home.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

When is the last time the drum was replaced? Does the old toner cartridge do the same thing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drum has never been replaced. They checked it a while ago and said it is still fine. The old cartridge printed 100% until it was empty yesterday and I had to replace it today.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Can you put the old one back in to see if it says not compatible as well? When was the drum checked and by who? Normally they need to be replaced once every 2 years. But I suspect you may have gotten a defective cartridge the easiest way to tell is put the old one back and see if you get a compatibility error or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put the old one back. It only says empty. The Imaging Unit was replaced by Samsung in Durban during Feb. 2014.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok from what you just told me it sounds like the replacement you got is defective. I suggest returning it and exchanging for another. Let them know what happened and normally they will exchange it for you. If the machine was the problem the old cartridge would have given you an incompatible error instead of an empty error.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now inserted another new cartridge, but still have the same problem.
Will have to buy a new printer.
As you could not solve my problem, I would appreciate a refund of my original
good faith deposit.
Thank you