Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a Brother Printer/scanner MFC 8690DW. It has had the

Customer Question

I have a Brother Printer/scanner MFC 8690DW. It has had the "paper jam" message for days. I've disconnected it and turned it back on several times -- after, of course, looking for the paper unsuccessfully several times as well. What more can I do. It's been a terrific machine until now. Several years old but doesn't get heavy use. Thanks, AMD
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

As you cannot find any paper jam inside the printer, it means the problem is with the sensor, which detect the paper jam or sometimes due to cartridge jam, the printer thinks there is a paper jam. Please turn off the printer then, open the printer cover and try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know, if you are able to do so or not ?