Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Epson WF-3520 printer skips a little and a streak of no

Customer Question

My Epson WF-3520 printer skips a little and a white streak of no print occurs approximately every 1.1 inches. The text is still readable, but not clear, When printing a graphic file white horizontal lines occur through the graphic. How can this be corrected?
Thanks, ~ Al
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridges which ink will come out of when pushed that is normal, just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned the contacts as suggested, unplugged printer for 70 secs and after it ran all the diagnostics, printed a test page and the same problem occurred. Approximately every 1 inch the entire line is hard to read. It has a white streak in the middle of the text and the line blurred
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Is it slightly better than it was before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I've been traveling and just have had a chance to try your suggestion. After trying to clean the contacts, unfortunately nothing has changed. All the lines print very well and normal, except approximately every 1.1 inches a line will be slightly fainter and there is a streak of no print for the entire length of the line. It is the same when printing graphics and there is a horizontal streak approximately every one inch.
What do we do now? Thanks and waiting for your reply, ~ Al Rhea
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Let's see if it is only graphics, please print this page and see if it does the same thing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does ""Let's see if it is only graphics, please print this page and see if it does the same thing."" mean? what is Let'?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That should have been let us. You mentioned you were printing images when this happened please print the page we are on right now. It is mostly text, let me know if it does the same thing as the images you have been printing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the streak extends the full length of the line of text. The same same as in printing graphics. I wish I could send you a page I have printed. Could I take a picture of a printed page and send it as an attachment?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You should be able to do that, on the reply box there should be an attach or paper clip icon you can use to send it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to rotate and enlarge the photo. Hope you can view this and see the problem. It's the line in your first email to me, beginning "order to fix this. There are a few different... " It extends the entire width of the line.
Let me know if you can see what I'm talking about.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you normally I would suggest an alignment now after the cleaning I had you do seeing thi8s image. You have already done that though so I will opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you get back to me after while?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for the response to my printer problem from "all the experts". Has the photo of a sample of text been received?
Many thanks, ~ Al Xxxx