Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

My macbook air will not connect with my printer(canonmp240)

Customer Question

my macbook air will not connect with my printer(canonmp240)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Can you please tell me some additional information about your problem? Were you able to connect with your MacBook air previously? Are there other printers connected? How do you currently have it connected? And, do you have the software installed from the disk that came with it or from the online download?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my MacBook Air is new .the only printer is plugged into my computer. I just downloaded the update of OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3 . My printer is a canon mp240.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my macbook air is not connected to my cannonmp240. I cannot print information from my computer.The operating system is OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3.My printer is not listed in the printers and scanners selection list to reset the printing sysem.

Thank you for the additional information, but there's that's still not clear. You mentioned that is plugged into your computer but you also mentioned that your computer is not connected to the printer.

I think you maybe just saying that you aren't able to print to it? But you do have a connected directly to the computer. If that's the case, please try plugging the printer into a different port on the computer.

It also sounds like you may not have the Canon software installed on your computer. If that's the case please go to the following link where you can download the solution menu software for your operating system. It should recognize your operating system is and is go to the page, but if it doesn't you can use the pulldown menu to select Yosemite.

http://bitli.es/d0cqHG

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call you to procede .

OK. I proposed a phone call as additional service.