Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I am trying to get an HP Officejet J6480 to print envelopes

Customer Question

so frustrating
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Printing envelopes with the printer requires that the software you are using sends information to the printer to identify that it is printing an envelope. If it's doing that correctly, then the envelope should print without a problem. What is the software there you are using to print the envelope from? If you're using something like word, you can do this from the mail menu and print envelopes and labels. Other applications often have similar settings – this does the formatting for you and should allow you just to insert the envelope faceup for printing. If that's not what you are seeing, let me know with whatever specifics you can and I will do my best to help.