VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an Epson 7620 printer that won't print. I'm getting

Customer Question

I have an Epson 7620 printer that won't print. I'm getting error code 0x97. The printer tells me to shut down, which I have probably 25 times. Can't figure it out.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support. The error means that there is a Paper Jam some where with in you printer. Please follow the steps below;

Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product

If paper has jammed inside the product, follow the steps here to clear the jam.

1. Cancel the print job, if necessary.
  2. Remove any jammed paper from the rear paper feed slot.

3. Lift the scanner unit.

Caution:
    Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer. Do not lift the scanner unit while the document cover is open.

4. Remove any paper inside, including torn pieces.

5. Close the scanner unit.
  6. Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages. If you still see a paper jam message, check the other paper jam solutions.

Paper Jam Problems in the Paper Cassette

If paper has jammed in a paper cassette, follow the steps here to clear the jam.

1. Cancel the print job, if necessary.
  2. Pull out the paper cassette, remove the paper cassette cover, then carefully remove any jammed paper.

3. Carefully remove any paper jammed inside the product.

4. Gently insert the paper cassette.
  5. Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages. If you still see a paper jam message, check the other paper jam solutions.

Paper Jam Problems in the Duplexer (Rear Cover)

If paper has jammed in the duplexer (rear cover), follow the steps here to clear the jam.

1. Cancel the print job, if necessary.
  2. Press the tabs and open the rear cover.

3. Remove the duplexer.

4. Carefully remove any jammed paper.

Note: Do not touch the paper rollers.

5. Remove any jammed paper from the duplexer.

6. Open the duplexer.

7. Carefully remove any jammed paper stuck inside.

8. Reinstall the duplexer.
  9. Close the rear cover.

10. Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages. If you still see a paper jam message, check the other paper jam solutions.

Document Jams in the Automatic Document Feeder

If you have problems with document jams in the automatic document feeder (ADF), follow the steps here to clear the jam.

1. Cancel the print job, if necessary.
  2. Remove your originals from the ADF.
  3. Left up the ADF cover latch and open the ADF cover.

Caution:

Make sure you open the ADF cover before removing any jammed pages. Otherwise the product may be damaged.

4. Carefully remove any jammed pages.

5. Close the ADF cover, then open the document cover.

6. Carefully remove any jammed pages in the direction shown.

7. Close the document cover.
  8. Lift up the scanner.

Note: Make sure to keep the scanner cover closed.

9. Carefully remove any jammed pages.

10. Close the scanner.
  11. Reload your originals.

Caution:
    Make sure you do not load the ADF beyond its capacity for your paper size. Also make sure your originals are not bent, folded, or curled and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder.

12. Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages. If you still see a paper jam message, check the other paper jam solutions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is NO jammed paper anywhere in the printer, and I told you this in my original correspondence with you. Something else is wrong.

I understood you Sir or Madame. I just would like you ti check and make sure that there is no issue in that regard, Next, I would like you to grad a flashlight and some canned air to make sure that there is no blockage.