Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My hphotosmart quit scanning. Using iMac wifi - can you

Customer Question

my hphotosmart quit scanning. Using iMac wifi - can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try scanning using ImageCapture.

http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shefin, I got it to scan to the PC. But could not get it to scan to the iMac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shefin can you get it to scan to the iMac - that's what I need.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried the instructions I have given?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ddid not get anywhere with the question and answer section. You kept asking me for more details - I sent the at least 3 times. Finally I removed both printers and reinstalled them and voila- problem was solved.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

S H E F I N