Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I am trying to install a Canon PIXMA MG6600 series so I can

Customer Question

i am trying to install a Canon PIXMA MG6600 series so I can print from my MacBook Pro laptop computer. It came with CD-Rom which is supposed to be inserted in a drive. My laptop does not have a CD drive, so I put in my desktop and opened it. The .exe folder opened but I could not read it (computer language I guess), and the other files would not open on my iMac desktop. There was a sheet of instructions with the printer when I bought it, but the only instructions about the CD on the sheet was if I did not have a place to open the CD was to access "canon.com/ijsetup" which I did, but not find any reference to a
PIXMA MG6600 printer. There was no manual in the box, and I have tried to find a manual online but, as with the printer CD, I could find no manual for this printer.
What do you suggest that I do next?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. It looks like the printer CD disk is only for Windows computer, not Mac computer. So don't use the CD disk, but please do the following:

- Download and install the driver /software for your printer model at the website below and check:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0100006057/02/mac-mg6600-1_1-mcd.dmg

Note: the download file name is called mac-mg6600-1_1-mcd.dmg

Reference:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg6620#DriversAndSoftware

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.