Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I cannot send faxes from my Canon MX860.Telstra says if the

Customer Question

I cannot send faxes from my Canon MX860.Telstra says if the land line is working the fault is not theirs but it seemed to have coincided with their technician being here. It could be a faulty lead I just dont know enough to rectify it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is it possible for you to test a regular corded phone plugged into the same all jack the canon had been on?
Test if you're able to make and receive calls on it.

Can you also tell me if you are able to receive faxes successfully?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't generally receive faxes it is simply used for printing emailed documents and signing then faxing back . I can get wall phone from garage and plug into phone socket to test
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how that phone works.

Since you are doing emailed documents, is there any reason you couldn't sign then can and email back rather than fax back?

That doesn't really take any longer and gives you the added advantage of having proof of when the docs were submitted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine won't scan to my PC either
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Any particular reason? Any error codes given with either fax or scan attempts?
Have you tried scanning FROM the pc, meaning to initiate the scan from the canon software on the computer, rather than trying to tell the canon to scan and then send the file to the computer the other way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am not at my home for the next 3 days. I could not rectify the problem. I wondered if I re installed the printer if it might fix the problem
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, take your time.

The print drivers/software will have no effect on this, it is either a line fault or a faulty fax modem inside the printer.
Were you able to test receiving ever?

Can you try going into the setup menu on the printer, under fax options, then disable ECM and reduce the modem (tx speed) to lowest level, then try again?