Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I can't seem to print borderless even though all my settings

Customer Question

I can't seem to print borderless even though all my settings seem correct; paper size, paper type, margins at zero, borderless selected, slider all the way to the left, but when I hit print my 5x7 come out with a 7/8" border on each end. I've only had the printer a few days, but I'm going crazy.......Help please, what am I missing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

what make and model printer is it ?

some of them need to select a specific paper type to allow borderless and some cant do borderless at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Canon Pro-100 PIXMA. I've got their photo gloss paper and Kodak's (8x10 & 5x7).
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

that one really should do it.

heres a shot in the dark. are you printing to 5 x 7 or 7 x 5

the printer sees those as totally different sizes. and it would account for the stripes on only one direction. its trying to print 5 inches on a 7 inch side and so leaves an inch on each end. the other direction may have cut some off but you didnt really notice because your looking at the stripes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm almost positive it's 5x7 and 8x10, because those are drop down menu sizes; it's only if I select the paper as "custom" where I would need to type in the size. On one of the pictures (landscape) 5x7 the photo area is measuring 5 x 5.125 and this has been very consistent.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

try putting the paper in the printer the other direction just for fun

another possibility is that the picture just isnt large enough to fill. have you tried more than one picture and / or making sure the "fit to page" is checked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done several different photos and I've done them with the fit to page box checked and unchecked. I have not loaded the paper in the portrait direction when I have landscaped check......but I'm willing to try anything. I will be leaving work in a half hour to go home and see if I can figure it out.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i can offer to log in and look at it with you remotely.

from what you have said i cant see anything you are doing wrong.

but i might see something pop out at me if i was looking at your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's see how it goes for me tonight and if I'm unsuccessful, that may be the way to go. What do you need to be able to login and see it remotely?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

mostly i would need you to accept the offer. after that i can get you my phone number and a link do download remote software and we could make an appointment for anytime convenient for you tonight or tomorrow.