Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Canon PIXMA MG 7520 Color Ink Jet printer. Just

Customer Question

I have a Canon PIXMA MG 7520 Color Ink Jet printer. Just purchased this month. The printer is not working. The error message is "unable to send data to printer." Any suggestions? The printer is plugged in and is connected via USB cable to my computer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Version 10.10.5
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Before we speak over the phone or attempt a screen sharing connection. Id like to cover our bases. And make sure that this is something we can resolve together.

Question, at any point since you installed the printer, did it work?

Also, if you go to system preferences, printers and scanners. Is your printer listed, and if so. How many times?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer has been working until today. It is the only one listed in my printers and scanners
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ok, lets try this ... Crtl click the printer inside printers and scanners.

reset the printing system.

And then reinstall the printer driver from the canon page.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg7520?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

Then try to print.. do you still get the same error?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.