Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have just upgraded my iMac to OS 10.10.5. My trusty Canon

Customer Question

I have just upgraded my iMac to OS 10.10.5. My trusty Canon PIXMA MP500 will not operate. The generic driver I downloaded only provides the "print" function.
I am considering running out to purchase the well reviewed Canon PIXMA MX922 and want to know if Canon has a driver that will work with my new iMac OS 10.10.5 upgrade.
Please help. I have production requirements pending.
LJ
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

What is the problem you're having? Is it that you are unable to scan using the device? That is a fairly common issue with Canon multifunction devices. There is a third-party open-source project that creates software for this. It's called Twain sane and you can find it at the following location:

http://bitli.es/khXIsf

If that's not what you're trying to do please let me know along with whatever detail you can provide. The more detail the better.