Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Why is my printer cannon mx 492 jammed the paper?

Customer Question

why is my printer cannon mx 492 jammed the paper?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The first thing you should do is check to see if there is paper damn somewhere. Sometimes a very very small piece of paper can cause the printer to detect a paper jam. Sometimes it's so small that you won't even see it because it's hidden in the sides of the paper path or in front of a sensor. To make sure this is not the case, please take a piece of card stock or something similar and push it through the paper path in the normal direction of the paper. Then if you can shake it upside down or blow it out with some compressed air and then try again. If this does not work then you may have a situation that needs service repair to correct it. If the sensor has been damaged for example, it would need to be replaced.