Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Until recently, every thing was fine, then when using the

Customer Question

Until recently, every thing was fine, then when using the document feeder to scan, the image on the screen and printed out now have a multi line stripe running down the center of the page. This line does not appear if I place the item directly on the flat bed, only when I use the document feeder. I thought I might have some dirt etc on the center roller, so I cleaned it with an alcohol swab, nope, that's not it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're on the right track, this is generally caused by some internal contamination, but not by the rollers specifically. Open the top lid over the adf and blow it out with compressed air.

Then lift the mid lid (over the glass) and clean the glass on the far left thoroughly, as well as on the underside of the lid. Focus on the thin plastic strip there (which is what forces the page back into the output tray of the adf), this is usually where the problem comes from; be sure to clean both sides of it, as dust and grease tends to build up and get trapped in there, causing the lines.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how that works out.

Best regards,