Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I get small yellow stripes in my CLP 610 printer prints

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm puzzled as to what to suggest, and will need to ask more about the problem:

- do the yellow stripes appear in areas of certain colors only, or in all areas, including colorless (black or gray) areas?

- do the stripes run cross-wise, or along the length of the paper?

- do they appear in black-and-white or text-only printouts?

If the stripes run cross-wise, and not in black-and-white nor in black nor gray print areas, then it could be they are a sort of irregular motion artifact. But that's not certain at this point... and all I can recommend is very generally, that we determine what color is at fault (it may not be the yellow color oddly enough, at this point) and start by removing, gently shaking swayingly, then inspecting and putting back in its place, the color that is at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thin, faint, yellow stripes appear horizontally, at about 5,5 cm intervals, also on blank page. Removing and shaking the yellow cartridge does not change the situation, nor removing and shaking the others, either.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Are they over the whole page, regardless of what is printed upon it?

That is suggested by your saying they appear on a blank page also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are over the whole page horizontally, regardless what is printed, text, slides, photo-pictures, blanck..
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Are they present in photocopies, e.g. of a mostly-blank original page ? But looking at your printer model, I suspect it cannot do photocopying/scanning, so that (as a test) isn't applicable to the case.

What computer are you printing from? with Windows, or MAC OS X on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just paper printing, no photocopy or scanning, and I use Mac OS X
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I think that your printer most likely either has a defect in its controller board (causing the laser to fire at low intensity all the time (? but how would that show up in just the yellow color? still it might happen that way.) But it might also have defective printing as a result of either an internal memory error (in storing the 'image' of the prospective printout) or perhaps a printing software problem.

In pursuit of that last, I would like to ask, what 10.X MAC OS X version is on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try this procedure then:

First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer. (If it's networked, just turn it Off.)

Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel - Devices and Printers, and remove all entries for your Samsung printer and its series, by clicking on each of its icons (or entries) and deleting.

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_AE&CttFileID=2415021&CDCttType=DR&ModelType=N&ModelName=CLP-610ND&VPath=DR/200908/20090828163410437/CLP-610.zip

and then download the proper driver for your printer.

Save it to disk, then double-click on the downloaded file, and do the driver installation.