Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Error Code E000002-0006 - on C2020 Image Runner. Copier will

Customer Question

Error Code E000002-0006 - on C2020 Image Runner. Copier will not let me login or do anything at all - virtually useless. From what I've found online this is related to a Fuser Fixing Assembly. How do I get that part and where is it in the machine so I can replace it? Thank you!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would try the reset of this error code, first of all, in case it was a temporary problem.

This might be the best price on the Fuser unit:

http://www.iteminconline.com/fm1-b290-000_fm1-b290-000-fm4-6227-000-canon-imagerunner-advance-2020-.htm?source=froogle&gclid=CMKPi8KtzccCFdcXHwodPS8JMw

But I am not altogether sure that the fuser unit needs repacing. It is quite possible, that if you find the toner not smearing on the last printout that came off the printer before it stopped, not smearing at a touch with a dry finger or thumb that is, and if the fuser still heats up, you may not have a fuser problem at all.

The fuser is located at the end of the path the paper takes through the machine when it is printed upon, right before it exits into the exit paper tray, warmed by its passage through the heated rollers.

The fixing film is different from the fuser... and is located elsewhere.