Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I've looked allover and inside the printer and can see no

Customer Question

I've looked allover and inside the printer and can see no jam. The printer was doing a double sided print turning the printer sidewise. That may be the problem. I have used it to print several hundred double sided pages in the past. This document has 5 pages (2 double sided and one single sided). It printed about 25 copies so far.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try leaving the printer Off for 1 or more hour(s), and see if the cooling-down helps, or clears the error condition. Meanwhile, during that interval, try restarting the printer and clearing the printer's queue if needed.

Be aware that dust and fine debris can also foul a paper presence sensor. And that a thorough search through the printer may be needed to remove all paper jammed inside it. (I don't know what you mean by a "double sided print turning the printer sideways" - perhaps you mistyped that.)

How old is the printer? has it ever had major problems before this one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 10 years old. Has been working flawlessly with about 200 copies a week, To does double sided printing- When the first side has been printed it pulls the paper back inside, rolls it over, and prints the other side. It was printing a two sided document when this error occurred. I believe a sheet of paper is lost in the printer in this process. Can not locate an access to that paper path. GET SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE CANNON MG6220 ON THIS! I've been working on computers and associated equipment since 1996 - I don't need a boilerplate answer for idiots. I want an expert on this device. PayPal charged me the full $ 26.00 - not the $ 5.00 deposit you noted would be changed. I think you folks are rip off kings and will be telling this to PayPal if I don't get a real expert on this device. I'm going to work - I have no texting capability on my phone - will return to my home office about 5:00 PM Eastern and expect a sensible and accurate solution when I look then. No decent answer - Instant issue report to PayPal and on Facebook.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try this:

Turn the printer around. Remove the rear transport unit, as shown:

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/WSSS/NewWSSSImages/G0106195.png

and remove the paper if any is found there:

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/WSSS/NewWSSSImages/G0106196.png

If the paper is not easy to remove, switch the printer Off, wait a few moments (10 seconds or 15) then turn the printer On again... the paper may be ejected automatically by the printer.

Then replace the transport unit:

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/WSSS/NewWSSSImages/G0106197.png

Also, you might try another procedure, if that does not help with the problem.

I have no power over charges, and regret hearing about your issue with charges. I must refer you for such a concern, to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I regret that my first answer apparently did not address your printer's problem to your immediate satisfaction.