Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Re: Samsung CLX 4195FW The printer is on and the screen says

Customer Question

Re: Samsung CLX 4195FW
The printer is on and the screen says Samsung. It starts to warm up then stops. The screen does not change. However it will not go any further. I tried turning the machine off and pulled out the plug. And it didn't help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check as to whether the fuser is warming up.

Whether or not it is, your printer will probably need repair, I'm sorry to say - if only, because it is showing no outward signs of what exactly is wrong with it.

But first, see if opening and closing covers, or having it Off for 2+ hours (to cool down thoroughly), unplugged, helps with the problem. You might also re-seat the toner cartridge in its place, then try again.

Let me know if you find out anything, and how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will do as you instructed and let you know what happens.
Question: what is the fuser?
Karen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I re-sat the cartridges. Then it sounded as if it were warming up but then stopped. The screen did not change it just says
Samsung.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The fuser is the (normally, heated, and dangerously hot) set of rollers through which the paper passes just before it emerges, warmed from that passage, into the exit tray.

It is at the end of the paper path. Two or sometimes three rollers, usually inside a felt-covered cover that can be flipped up in order to examine the fuser rollers... and which is felt-covered to minimize burned fingers should someone try to flip it up before it cools down enough to be safe.

But if the fuser is cold, even after the printer has been on for a while, then that is a problem.