Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I just purchased the Epson WF-3640. The issue is sometimes

Customer Question

i just purchased the Epson WF-3640. The issue is sometimes the printer does NOT recognize the iMAC computer (Myrnna's iMAC")and it just indicates "last used" and will NOT scan to the computer. Itused to recognize and scan through to the iMAC. Frustrating
with a new purchase. I allready tried to correct through APPLE-. Richard
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you have not installed the drivers properly, from the disc that should have come with your new Epson computer, then you may have troubles of this sort, because your computer may have self-configured to use a default driver that is only approximately right for the printer you now have. (What printer did you have before?) (Is there another Epson printer on the same network?)

If you need instructions for doing so, let me know the MAC OS X version on your iMac, please, and I will instruct you further.