Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a hp Laserjet 400 pro color (m451dn) and it is

Customer Question

I have a hp Laserjet 400 pro color (m451dn) and it is printing but it the end product almost looks like it was printed in a shadow-type print. Regardless of color, print has this look. Regardless of item printed, its source and paper used. Toner cartridges have been replaced.Even printed in b/w - in case. Have also used the "cleaning page" program. No change. Thoughts?
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The problem is either that the printer needs calibration or a new fuser. Try running the calibration first to see if that fixes the problem.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

f the printed output has colored shadows, blurry graphics, or areas that have poor color, you might need to calibrate the product to align the colors. Print the Diagnostics Page from the Reports menu on the control panel to check the color alignment. If the blocks of color on that page are not aligned with each other, you need to calibrate the product.

1. At the control panel, press the OK button to open the menus.

2. Open the following menus:

• Calibrate Color

• Calibrate Now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was not the calibration. And the fuser is new. I am sending you a photo. You can better see the result.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

ok. let me know when the photo is uploaded. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo has been uploaded...
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

For some reason, I cannot see the photo.

I will opt out of this question so other experts can help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Can you re-attach the photo to your reply here? Make sure not to email it that will not go to anyone.