Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Selex SR-850E plotter and I cannot find a driver.

Customer Question

I have a Selex SR-850E plotter and I cannot find a driver. The websites I search for one have viruses and .exe files
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I understand your problem with driver-offering websites and sympathize: 'driver doctors' packages and such are not fit to be marketed, by and large.

Is your Selex printer from this company (Selex ES / Finmeccanica):

http://www.selexelsag.com/marineuk/images/logoselexes.png

If so, they have a website, but it does not (as is most usual) have a support-with-free-driver-downloads section. You may have to contact them - they don't even list their location, though it's obviously in Europe somewhere - through their listed phone numbers, and ask if they support their plotters enough to offer either driver/software CDs, or downloads of drivers for those plotters:

http://www.selexelsag.com/marineuk/?open0=4237&section=CORP&

As for other sources of such software... 'Driver Doctors' are not acceptable, and the maker themselves does not seem to offer drivers. This makes it an unusually tough case.

Did you ever have distribution CD/DVD disc(s) for your plotter? if so, even if it is long gone/lost/discarded/etc., someone else might have one. Advertise for one on craigslist.com, and also search For Sale listings at craigslist.com periodically, and you might eventually locate one, if one cannot be located by other means and methods.