Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Have a Samsung 207FW printer. New cartridge .I can copy but

Customer Question

Have a Samsung 207FW printer. New cartridge .I can copy but will not print. No clog paper that I have found. Checked connections and seems all in the right place. Did have painter who unplugged to paint. Lois
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How is it connected to the computer? What version of windows or mac is on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 2 cable outlets on back of computer. The top outlet is where grey thick one is connected to computer. one below i understand that is for faxing,do not use fax. It is not connected to computer. As far as windows and mac know, Iam at a loss. Do know printer has been fine before painters here or maybe something I have done.If you think I should talk on phone fine. Up to you. LO
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It does not have a cable going from it to the computer at all? Also no please ignore the phone option I did not send it the site does. It could make this harder as I may have to send you images or links.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is connected to computer. Forgot to tell you thatLO
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

How is it connected a usb cable, ethernet, etc? If you are not sure remove the end from the computer and let me know what the end looks like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let us try on line again. LO
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

OK, I apologize but I believe your machine may be networked so I am going to opt out and open this to all experts. Please do not rate. Someone else will reply the same way I did.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh Ia m sorry that you could not help. Your customers rate you as 5 stars. You have been very helpful., as best you could. LO
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am rob and i will try to help you.

Can you go to the devices and printers folder on your computer

remove the printer

then click the add printer button

let it scan the network

it should find the printer on the network

if it does just hit next next next etc and it should install again and it should work at that point

if it does not find it on the network than there is an issue with the printer hooking up to the network and we would have to look at that a lot more closely