Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I recently moved my mfc-6890 duplexing printer from office

Customer Question

I recently moved my mfc-6890 duplexing printer from office to home and it says there is no paper in the paper tray, but it has plenty of paper. It does the same thing with a smaller amount of paper in the tray
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brother printer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What exactly do I clean? Additional info: lat night it printed a Printer Info page, but this morning when I went to print a Word document, it sounded like it was feeding paper through and printing on it, but no paper actually went through. Then it gives me a message that I need to add paper.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You would want to clean the entire feed area with canned air duster.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm handicapped so if I'm getting someone to help with moving the printer as we work on this problem, that may slow the troubleshooting process down a bit. But I will update you once I get the cleaning done.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You can take all the time you need, this question does not expire or anything like that.