Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an hp9500 hdn. with a 59.A0 error. I am pretty sure

Customer Question

I have an hp9500 hdn. with a 59.A0 error. I am pretty sure the cleaning blade is the problem, but don't know how to defeat the Toner Bottle flag and run without a Cleaning Blade to determine if the blade is causing the motor to stop or not.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest first of all, that you should approach the problem somewhat differently than the 'defeat the Toner Bottle and run without Blade' plan... which sounds unlikely and less than cogent and perhaps not a good idea at all.

First: try reseating the cleaning blade, by lowering, then raising, the green cleaning blade lever.

Then run the printer for a little.

Second, if that doesn't cure the error message: make sure the cleaning blade is properly seated.

Third, consider whether the printer has been running hot, and/or in high humidity conditions, for a fair amount of time previously. If so, the cleaning blade may be degraded owing to heat/softening/wear, and need replacing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all of the things you have suggested. The printer has not been on for several days and is located in an air conditioned building all of the time. After I posted my question, I tried to removed the cleaning blade and it will not come out. I it appears that something it keeping the cover for the toner catcher from closing so that I can remove it.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

From the sound of it, you may need to have a technician look at the printer problem in person. Unless we can find out what's keeping the toner-catcher-cover from closing fully.

There might be a seal that came loose, keeping the cover from closing. Open it more fully and check for that sort of obstruction.