Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

HP LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw. When I print everything is

Customer Question

HP LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw. When I print everything is fine, but a scan or copy and the right third of the entire page is black or color streaks. Does the same with a new cartridge. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you replaced anything other than the toner? How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Nothing other than the toner, 3 or 4 years old.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

From what you are saying you most likely need a new imaging unit also called the drum. It is consumable just like the toner and is normally needed once every 2 years. For now try reseating it, this page explains how: Click Here If the same thing happens it normally needs to be replaced. The part number is ***** 126A and it normally costs around $80 at stores like staples and office depot. You can sometimes find it cheaper online at places like Amazon and eBay. Just make sure it is genuine and not a compatible unit. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.